NVIDIA GRAPHICS CARDS

ZootHornRollo 21:29 27 Mar 07

I have encountered a problem with the card that came with my new Evesham PC -the NVIDIA 8800GTX - whilst it plays all games it won't play the new game STALKER. I have not updated the drivers since buying my PC in January - Vista shows them as version 7.15.11.59.
NVidia's site lists several newer ones available - which should I go for - it lists US English and international (ie UK English presumably) versions but I have no idea which to go for?
I contacted the game manufacturer (THQ) who suggested I download the beta driver from nvidia - version 101.41 . I did that and installed it but my PC then refused to start at all and I had to use system restore to go back to the original driver.
I did not uninstall the original drivers (as it said I should)as it warned that this would lead to the permanent removal of drivers / registry info etc. and I did not want to risk this. Would system restore overcome this? I am very reluctant to do something that could be irrevocable - HELP!!
I have written to nvidia 3 times - no response yet

anskyber 21:35 27 Mar 07

Thses are the drivers you need click here and yes you should follow the install process to the letter. I did with the same drivers and temporarily you go onto very grainy Vista drivers. All will be well.

anskyber 21:37 27 Mar 07

I did this click here exactly. The new ones then install using NVIDIAs wizard.

Wizards_Sleeve 13:14 28 Mar 07

Go into safe mode, then to add remove programmes, don't know the equivilant in vista, and remove the, and uninstall the nvidia drivers from there. then restart and install the driver you have downloaded, then restart!! Shazam!

CodenameCueball 11:49 03 Apr 07

i know it inst relaed to the post but, that a phenomenal gfx card.

ForestChav 01:14 05 Apr 07

Programs and Features is the WV equivalent fwiw

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…