Nvidia drivers windows 8.

rdave13 29 Sep 13
Answered

I have a GeForce GTX 550Ti card and have been experiencing crashes on my PC. Not only that but get a temporary black screen before and after watching a video. Especially HD videos. My first though was PSU as the PC died with no blue screen. I've already bought a new PSU in case the problem is not resolved and will wait and see.

From the Nvidia GeForce Experience program, under my rig I selected view full system requirements which brought me to this page,link. Selecting the drivers tab I used the manual search selecting the series and OS. I installed the 314.22 - WHQL version 25/03/2013.

It seems my problem is fixed as no more crashes and no more flitting black screens prior to waching a video has happened. I've also hidden the Nvidia driver update in Windows update.

Just thought I'd post in case someone else is having similar errors.

1]: [click here

rdave13 18 Oct 13
Answer

Thinking it's now a PSU problem but so intermittent it is hard to know. When I have time will install a new 700W PSU.

rdave13 19 Oct 13

Dang it all, since the 8.1 update everything seems stable again. Even reverted to the latest Nvidia driver. New PSU still in box :)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

Found Studio reveals the making of the Unleashed, Uncut Peugeot 208 viral

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message