Nvidia drivers windows 8.

rdave13 21:14 29 Sep 13

I have a GeForce GTX 550Ti card and have been experiencing crashes on my PC. Not only that but get a temporary black screen before and after watching a video. Especially HD videos. My first though was PSU as the PC died with no blue screen. I've already bought a new PSU in case the problem is not resolved and will wait and see.

From the Nvidia GeForce Experience program, under my rig I selected view full system requirements which brought me to this page,link. Selecting the drivers tab I used the manual search selecting the series and OS. I installed the 314.22 - WHQL version 25/03/2013.

It seems my problem is fixed as no more crashes and no more flitting black screens prior to waching a video has happened. I've also hidden the Nvidia driver update in Windows update.

Just thought I'd post in case someone else is having similar errors.

1]: [click here

rdave13 23:51 18 Oct 13

Thinking it's now a PSU problem but so intermittent it is hard to know. When I have time will install a new 700W PSU.

rdave13 21:48 19 Oct 13

Dang it all, since the 8.1 update everything seems stable again. Even reverted to the latest Nvidia driver. New PSU still in box :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…