NVIDIA Drivers Problem

rawprawn 14:15 PM 21 Oct 09

Sony Vaio VGN AR31E, Graphics NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 GPU
Having loaded Win 7 I am running on just the Generic Drivers, I have tried updating, but I am told the the drivers are already installed.
Can you help please.
I had the same proble with RC1 and solved it (I think it was Sea Urchin who solved it)

sunnystaines 15:47 PM 21 Oct 09

been thinking of w7 for our sony lappy vgnfe21b [has xp media centre], is the graphics the only problem with drivers.

was yours xp

rawprawn 16:09 PM 21 Oct 09

Hi sunny, yes graphics seem to be my only problem.
I was using Vista and did a clean install. so I am still loading programs and trying to sort things out as I go along

sunnystaines 16:31 PM 21 Oct 09

got the same graphics when updated last had to play around with resolution & display to get the desktop to fit screen was a real pain never did it again.

rawprawn 22:26 PM 21 Oct 09

Need help

Sea Urchin 22:51 PM 21 Oct 09

Wish it had been, but I don't think it was me that "solved" your previous problem :@)

I know that many people have had problems installing NVIDIA drivers on Windows7 - and a quick Google seems to confirm that. What I would suggest is that you uninstall the generic drivers first, and then try installing again. Either via Device Manager pointing to your downloaded drivers, or by double-clicking and running the downloaded drivers and letting them find their own way into your system.

ambra4 06:23 AM 22 Oct 09

NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 Windows 7 driver is available through Windows Update

Just do a manual update

rawprawn 07:28 AM 22 Oct 09

I have done a manual update, but it shows all up to date

rawprawn 08:02 AM 22 Oct 09

Hi, thanks I will keep trying. If it wsn't you I think it was crosstrainer.

Have you tried going directly to the Nvidia website and downloading their GeForce Go 7 Series driver? They have some listed for Windows 7, both 32 and 64 bit.

rawprawn 08:26 AM 22 Oct 09

Yes,I have tried but maybe I have got it wrong. Can yo give me a link for the driver? so I can try that.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…