NVIDIA Drivers Problem

rawprawn 21 Oct 09

Sony Vaio VGN AR31E, Graphics NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 GPU
Having loaded Win 7 I am running on just the Generic Drivers, I have tried updating, but I am told the the drivers are already installed.
Can you help please.
I had the same proble with RC1 and solved it (I think it was Sea Urchin who solved it)

sunnystaines 21 Oct 09

been thinking of w7 for our sony lappy vgnfe21b [has xp media centre], is the graphics the only problem with drivers.

was yours xp

rawprawn 21 Oct 09

Hi sunny, yes graphics seem to be my only problem.
I was using Vista and did a clean install. so I am still loading programs and trying to sort things out as I go along

sunnystaines 21 Oct 09

got the same graphics when updated last had to play around with resolution & display to get the desktop to fit screen was a real pain never did it again.

rawprawn 21 Oct 09

Need help

Sea Urchin 21 Oct 09

Wish it had been, but I don't think it was me that "solved" your previous problem :@)

I know that many people have had problems installing NVIDIA drivers on Windows7 - and a quick Google seems to confirm that. What I would suggest is that you uninstall the generic drivers first, and then try installing again. Either via Device Manager pointing to your downloaded drivers, or by double-clicking and running the downloaded drivers and letting them find their own way into your system.

ambra4 22 Oct 09

NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 Windows 7 driver is available through Windows Update

Just do a manual update

rawprawn 22 Oct 09

I have done a manual update, but it shows all up to date

rawprawn 22 Oct 09

Hi, thanks I will keep trying. If it wsn't you I think it was crosstrainer.

Have you tried going directly to the Nvidia website and downloading their GeForce Go 7 Series driver? They have some listed for Windows 7, both 32 and 64 bit.

rawprawn 22 Oct 09

Yes,I have tried but maybe I have got it wrong. Can yo give me a link for the driver? so I can try that.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

See 24 hours in London with Paul Richardson's hyperlapse tour

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message