nvidia driver update

halken 23 Feb 12

i have a GeForce 9800gt graphics card and no matter what i do i cant install the update. the process starts my old driver is uninstalled then halfway through the update it stops and i get a notice that its failed i have tried lots of times and the result is always the same i would appreiciate any help you can give cheers Kenny

chub_tor 23 Feb 12

Have you tried uninstalling the old driver manually either via Device Manager or Control Panel and then installing the new driver?

Here is what I would do -

Download the new driver to a known location. Uninstall the old driver from Device Manager or Control Panel Run the registry cleaner of CCleaner Reboot into Safe Mode Go to the location you downloaded the file to and then run it. Reboot.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message