Nuisance Pop Up on Starting

jonem81 08:57 AM 25 Oct 13

I am using Win 7 64 bit, and I am, most of the time, aware of companies hoping that there applications can be installed without my knowledge. However, we do slip up sometimes, and an old, familiar nuisance has just reared its ugly head again! I expect that most Forum members know all about this, and hopefully members will know the solution! It's the Conduit pop-up nuisance " BackGroundContainer....dl,dll" that pops up now every time I Start. Yes, I have disabled it with "msconfig" and WinPatrol. I have run Malwarebytes and Ccleaner, but frustratingly, it persists. I am sure there is an answer to this, and hopefully a permanent solution to prevent this happening again. Look forward to your help,

jonem81

jonem81 22:30 PM 25 Oct 13

Jock1e. I have had a quick look at the link you suggested, and found very sound advice with it. However, after closing down my PC, then re-starting, the problem (for the moment), seems to have gone! I do thank you so much for response, and if the problem crops up again, I shall promptly go back to this link!

jonem81

rdave13 00:45 AM 26 Oct 13

Running WinPatrol and Malwarebytes and disabling conduit, with a reboot, removed it from the registry. Check your browser's add-ons and search engines.

woodchip 15:33 PM 26 Oct 13

Go to Run type MSCONFIG press enter go to Startup tab remove tick from box on startup item to stop it running at boot, after reboot put a tick in the pop-up box to stop it coming up every boot

jonem81 16:56 PM 26 Oct 13

rdave13 Thanks!

woodchip

Thanks also to you, woodchip !

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…