Now I've downloaded SP1

BBW 19:45 03 Apr 08

And every thing seems OK. How can I save the download to a CDROM. I've searched for SP1 on my laptop but no sign of it. Yet, the menus show the upgrade is successful!

sinbads 19:55 03 Apr 08
  BBW 20:00 03 Apr 08

Many thanks for that,Sinbads!

anskyber 20:03 03 Apr 08

It depends on how you got it. If it came through Windows Update then it will be tailored to your particular laptop and once in will show in updates, you will need to show all updates by the way. As far as I am aware you cannot retrieve it for copying.

If you downloaded it from the Microsoft download centre click here then you should be able to re download it ( if you cannot find it in your normal download file) save it and burn it. but be warned it a big file.

Why do you want to do so?

BBW 12:39 04 Apr 08

Hi, Anskyber, Have downloaded the file 445Mb! Took 12mins on a BT Broadband.
Why do you want to do so? I have a new laptop, no software, other than the recommended backup disc. The full download can be used as a re-install of Vista, without having to worry about keycodes. At least that's what I understand from other threads.

anskyber 12:53 04 Apr 08

Thanks, just idle curiosity really!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…