Not Booting After Fitting Dvd Burner

sean.naughton.779 20:30 05 Feb 14

My dvd burner stopped working so i bought a new one.The old one was ide and the new one is sata.I removed the sata cable from the second hard drive as it was going faulty and i fitted it on the Dvd burner but now it wont boot. If i remove the sata lead from the burner it boots then ok/Hp Media Center 7580 with Win 7 Installed

xania 12:32 06 Feb 14

Have you tried using a different SATA port and/or a different cable. If this makes no difference, I would suspect and faulty DVD burner.

rdave13 21:28 06 Feb 14

The Sata DVD optical drive needs a power source as well as the Sata connection just in case you did not connect the power source as well. Main hard drive (C) on the first Sata port then Optical drive on the next port to the last Hard drive.

sean.naughton.779 10:43 07 Feb 14

Thanks for the replies.The problem turned out to be that the power cable to the hard drive had been dislodged when I was fitting the DVD burner.Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…