Norton and Welcome Centre

Tenacious Green 08:16 08 May 07

G'day all.

Havn't been on for a while as I have moved across the world to sunny Oz, but know where to come for my Computer problems!

My new Laptop is running Vista Home Premium and so far I am pleased however as you would expect Norton have got there grubby hands over my Laptop and whilst I have removed evreything Norton I can find I am left with the "3 months free Norton" in the offers part of the Welcome Centre and it is annoying. Any clues on how to remove it.

Not a serious issue but enough to annoy me! Can't help but be a whinging pom!

Tenacious Green 12:09 10 May 07

^Bump^

Any Ideas guys?

engsurv 12:13 31 May 07

Try doing a " file search " for both "Symantec" and "Norton" by clicking on Start then Search also click on advanced search and select search "everywhere" Tick the box for non indexed and hidden files.
Hope this helps

Tenacious Green 12:31 31 May 07

Thanks for the response. I tried but this did not work. Thanks anyway.

anskyber 12:42 31 May 07

I found the Welcome Centre to be superfluous once I found my way around the excellent Control Panel. I simply unchecked the box at the bottom of the Welcome Centre to stop it launching at start up.

Not the answer to your question I know but it might divert your gaze enough to forget about it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…