No sound after SP1 install

chub_tor 17:57 01 May 08

Machine is a Toshiba Satellite P100 laptop just over a year old, came with Vista installed. No problems until today when Vista SP1 was automatically downloaded and installed. Now I have no sound from either speakers or headphone output.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Conexant Hi-Def Audio driver to the latest recommended version on the Toshiba website.

I have tried restoring to before the time when SP1 was installed.

I have updated the BIOS to the latest one given on the Toshiba website.

I have torn my hair out.

Has anyone any other suggestions

chub_tor 17:59 01 May 08

I intended to say that I have also followed all the suggestions on the Microsoft website but I am still without sound.

sunny staines 05:27 02 May 08

a lot of sound drivers fail to work after install of SP1, check the makers web site or web of sound hardware to confirm.

chub_tor 08:08 02 May 08

After hours of installing and rechecking I discovered that the loss of sound is caused by an incompatibility between Vista SP1 and Roxio Media Creator 9. Removing it brings the sound back, installing it makes the laptop mute.

Fried~Chips 22:21 03 May 08

items listed in device manager also look in control panel under sounds & devices then click on Audio and see if your audio device is listed in the oblong box here or is avail by droping down the box and change it over.

Or roll back the driver ? from properties in device manager option.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…