No recording devise on computer?

MissingPolarBear 09 Jul 10

Hello, I am trying to record audio on my computer with Audacity but it seems like there is no recording devise on my computer. When I right click on my sound icon and click “recording” I see two microphones (not plugged in) and “line in (not plugged in)”. Both disabled devises and disconnected devises are showing. I’m so clueless when it comes to this stuff! What do I do?

Kevscar1 09 Jul 10

You need a connected microphone, try unplugging it then plug in again it should be automatically picked up. Sounds stupid but if it has an on off switch make sure it's on.
If you still get nothing you need to try the mike in something else to see if it's working.

BRYNIT 09 Jul 10

Windows Vista has Aux disabled and hidden. You need to right click on sound icon click on recordings. Right click on any device and select show disabled devices and disconnected devices, you should now see Aux right click and select enable. You should now be able to use Audacity.

BRYNIT 09 Jul 10

Just read that you have disabled and hidden devices showing. Have you checked that you have the correct drivers installed, check for updated drivers.

MissingPolarBear 09 Jul 10

Thanks for the replies! BRYNIT, here is a stupid question, but how do I do that? Where do I go to get updated drivers?

Woolwell 10 Jul 10

What audio are you trying to record? From a microphone, cd or internet?

MissingPolarBear 12 Jul 10

Woolwell - Internet. :)

Woolwell 12 Jul 10

I had the same problem and was able to fix it by following this click here

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message