No delete icon in windows explorer.

grabster 09:51 16 Feb 08

I am fed up with deleting files the long winded way...right click ,select delete.
I cant figure how to put the delete icon on the window bar like in xp,can it be done or is this the way its gotta be ?

tullie 12:33 16 Feb 08

Never heard off this,but whichever way you do it,youve got to click one or the other,so its pointless isent it?

grabster 14:24 16 Feb 08

Not really as i find it quicker and more straightforward to select a files icon and then click on the delete icon.I suppose its just the way im used to doing it and im suprised that vista doesnt have the same way of putting the delete icon on the window bar.

lisa02 01:03 17 Feb 08

How about click the item and press delete on the keyboard?

I've been searching for ages and can't find the answer, as I was very curious as I never heard of such a thing.

Perhaps it was a deletion program of somesorts that ran from there on XP? Or something that can execute a keystroke assignment like shift+del which will permanently remove a highlighted item.

grabster 07:56 17 Feb 08

"Perhaps it was a deletion program of somesorts that ran from there on XP? Or something that can execute a keystroke assignment like shift+del which will permanently remove a highlighted item."

EH ??? It was a ruddy big red x on the window bar. Surely i cant have been the only person that used it and wants it back.

anskyber 09:35 17 Feb 08

It's a major oversight, or bad decision, in Vista to have limited toolbar customisation.

anskyber 11:40 17 Feb 08

If you are adventurous this adds a delete function in a new context menu. click here

anskyber 11:41 17 Feb 08

The File menu tools bit, sorry.

lisa02 11:50 17 Feb 08

I only know of the shutdown, restart and log off shortcuts which work in Vista and XP, never a delete one. I did try though!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…