No connection on my laptop

karlmatthews1988 19:42 11 Jan 14

I have just re installed windows7 on my laptop and it isn't pick the wifi up could any one help me please

rdave13 22:10 11 Jan 14

What errors are showing? If it's not picking up the router's SSID then log off all your connected machines and then reboot the router. Once the router has settled try connecting your laptop first. Could be an IP address issue. Then connect the others one by one.

karlmatthews1988 10:58 12 Jan 14

hi i am on the internet now but trough the ethernet cable but the wifi function on my laptop still dosnt work and i cant get my head round it

alanrwood 11:09 12 Jan 14

Hi Telling us that you can't get your head around or it doesn't work does not help us one bit in trying to diagnose the problem. Have you done what rdave13 asked you to do as it is the first stage of trying to determine where the problem lies without going off at a wild tangent and getting nowhere fast

karlmatthews1988 11:13 12 Jan 14

there isn't no errors its just not picking it up i have other laptops that pick the wifi up so there nothing wrong there

pk46 14:17 16 Jan 14

Have you installed the driver for it?? This is found on the motherboard disk W7 doesn't install these divers by default.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…