No Audio Output Device is installed

ol blueeyes 11:08 AM 23 May 09

Have been using the Windows 7 RC for a week now and must say rather like it. A few problems which have overcome. But I get the message as I first had with Vista ""No Audio Output Device is installed"". Got over the problem easy in Vista but cannot find the Solution in ""Windows 7"" Have looked in Device Manager and it is NOT shown there. I know for certain there is one.

Any suggestions please ?

Ashrich 20:57 PM 23 May 09

What onboard sound chip or card are you using ? You probably need to install the correct drivers.

Ashley

laurie53 07:11 AM 24 May 09

Had the same message.

As Ashrich suggests, driver update cured it.

bridge+ 13:14 PM 26 May 09

Hi Laurie53 and Ashrich,

I have read your Audio Output device missing advice with great interest. I have also the same problem ; my Vista driver is a C-Media 5.12.1.46, can I find this (down loadable) from the C-Media site ? No !
Any hints would be gratefully received.

bridge+ 13:14 PM 26 May 09

Hi Laurie53 and Ashrich,

I have read your Audio Output device missing advice with great interest. I have also the same problem ; my Vista driver is a C-Media 5.12.1.46, can I find this (down loadable) from the C-Media site ? No !
Any hints would be gratefully received.

Ashrich 15:49 PM 26 May 09

If you start a new thread you'd be better off , any answers to your question will go to ol blueeyes email instead of yours .

Ashley

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites