new zoostorm pc freezing after startup

amiemo162 14:30 25 Dec 13

i recently bought a zoostorm pc, windows 7 OS installed fine. i then installed the driver software, it installed but then didn't reboot properly,i installed avast, tried registering the driver software but it froze so i did a forced restart, it tried to boot from the ethernet cable first (i fixed that)and now it seems i can't start up any software or start task manager or even hit the start button, it just freezes. my theory is the driver software didn't install properly but iv'e no idea what to do, it wont open up disks either. help please

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:09 25 Dec 13

Can you rest set it to factory seting using an image on the hard drive or did it come with some restore disks?

Tap F8 as it boots and select complete restore from the advance tools menu.

Batch 12:15 26 Dec 13

Zoostorm PCs are woefully poor quality.

The motherboard, CPU, & hard disk , (and probably any known brand name other add-in boards) are OK. Memory is very cheap as will be any other non-branded add-in boards. Memory is often supplied as a single stick (e.g. 1 x 8GB, whereas 2 x 4GB would be better as it takes advantage of dual channel architecture).

The cases are terribly flimsy and will often vibrate causing unwanted resonances.

Worst of all are the power supplies (PSU). Incredibly cheap items that often fail / make a lot of noise. Many people and up replacing them.

I'm not saying it is due to any of the above, but I'd say it is right to be suspicious. Even if the PSU is OK, any add-in boards could be dodgy and giving rise to freezes. You could try removing any add-in boards.

If you don't have any add-in boards, try the memory. If you have two sticks try with just one of them in and / or try different memory slots.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…