New Windows 7 Toshiba Laptop.

Mike D 16:25 30 Sep 10

I have just (1 week ago) acquired this laptop for my wife. When we first turned it on there were a good number of windows updates to downloasd and install, which I expected. However, it now seems that every time she boots up she get a message to says "Please wait while Windows configures updates". Is this normal?

john bunyan 20:31 30 Sep 10

No, this usually happens only the next time you turn on the PC after a MS update. Have you looked at the updates to see if they installed ok? (View update history) I also have a newish Toshiba with no problems.

a member 08:48 01 Oct 10

big updates like .net etc. can take quite a while to update and configure ,it can take 1 or 2 restarts to complete before your PC is completely updated and configured . laptops are slower and dont have the power (battery) to cope if you only turn it on and start using it right away the updates will continue to configure themselves in the back round .
best bet as a first resort is to give it the time it needs ,plug it into the mains adapter and leave it complete the update process ,without using your pc .if you use the pc during update it can slow the process and with some updates if you turn off before it completes it will restart the process from the beggining when you restart .

Mike D 12:26 01 Oct 10

Ok folks, thanks for the advice. It's Sod's Law isn't it that as soon as I had posted this query everything worked OK.
I've marked it as resolved.
Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…