New Sony Vaio laptop with windows 7 - bing toolbar

laptopdunce 11:20 AM 21 Dec 12

I have just bought a new Sony Vaio E5 laptop, it has windows 7 installed, with a preinstalled Bing toolbar, I just want to put the "custom icons" on the top toolbar as I do on my windows XP laptop, how can I alter it so that I have a toolbar on the top where I can add the little icons like ebay, pcadvisor, facebook, youtube, yahoo, hotmail, etc., etc., (I use yahoo toolbar on my Windows XP laptop which is great for adding the little custom ap. icons) thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

rdave13 17:32 PM 22 Dec 12

You need to tick Favourites bar by right clicking any toolbar at the top. Once the favourites bar is showing at the top, right click any icon showing on it, then select Customise title widths, I select Icons only. You can disable the Bing toolbar if you want.

laptopdunce 20:57 PM 22 Dec 12

Right, thanks for that, can you tell me how to make my own photo fit the desktop page? the one I chose has two black panels at the side?? the same photo fit on my windows XP Acer laptop OK, thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

rdave13 21:00 PM 22 Dec 12

Right click desktop, select personalise, select desktop background, under Picture position, select fill.

laptopdunce 19:56 PM 03 Jan 13

thanks for that it worked fine!! going to post other query about why I cant crop photos in the windows 7 photo viewer - a BIG disappointment after the FANTASTIC fix programme I had on the windows Vista laptop. LAPTOPDUNCE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know