New Printer required for Vista Premium

Killo Bite 23:46 26 Jun 07

Trying to find a Printer not a All in One that will run on Vista Premium but from the supplied CD and not required by download/patches.

R their any, maybe you have just bought a new printer for Win Vista and the supplied CD installs fine. Please let me know.

The crunch is not Lexmark or HP please, prefer Epson or Canon.

it's very basic, but my canon ip2000 installs a vista driver in about 4 seconds from vista's own drivers so i think the drivers already on vista, without internet connection and on 3 pcs i just usb it, turn it on, the wizard reports canon ip1200 printing device>> installing>> ready to use all pretty much instantly and has done since febuary.
it's very basic single feed printer as i only use it occasionally for photos it's fine and can get cartridges from everywhere. it's about 9 months old so it's possibly been replaced.

anskyber 09:14 27 Jun 07

My Canon iP5000 did just the same, it worked fron go.

Killo Bite 12:25 27 Jun 07

seems printer mfrs havent caught up yet.

braehead 22:57 27 Jun 07

I've just bought a fairly high spec Packard Bell with the Vista OS. I had to ditch my old printer and scanner. I could only find a driver for the printer but no other Vista compatible software for it or the scanner. So...I bought a new Vista compatible all in one Epson 5000. Of course the driver and software disc was only for XP and I had to download Vista software from the web. However, the scanner software refuses to load and I get a message which suggests ther is a problem with a win.ini file.

This is a brand new PC - the only items touched by me during the Vista download were the country and keyboard settings. Also, this a brand new printer/scanner. I am experienced enough with PCs to know how to install drivers and software and I am really hacked off. The (major) retailer I used has offered to look at the problem on the basis that if it is a hardware problem he will not charge - otherwise he will charge £29. I Know that this is likely to be a software problem, but do not see why I should have to pay to have the problem resolved, when the default settings should enable me to set up a printer scanner. Any suggestions - before I install XP!

Mike10C 10:43 28 Jun 07

Braehead

I bought an Epson Dx5000 a few weeks ago and have installed it ok onto Vista. As you say the instal disc povided was for XP but they gave a ref for the web site for the Vista drivers.
Initially I only loaded the printer driver which worked fine. I thought this was all I needed, but when I needed the scanner, it would not work and I went back to the web site and found more drivers lower down the list. I downloaded a pack of them and sure enough it all works ok now.

I suggest you uninstall your printer and check all files have gone, unplug the printer and reboot. Then down load the bunch of drivers from Epson, then plug in your printer and when you get the new hardware process you can direct it to where you have saved the drivers.

This worked for me.

Good luck

jade25 10:45 16 Jul 07

I was told my Lexmark X1180 3 in one would work with new pc with vista but must have downloaded 4 different drivers and last two microsoft picked up but no joy, keeps coming up with an error, took plugs out and everything and it worked great a month ago on xp.
After a month of working downloading stuff then finding its not compatible my eyes are on stalks but am not going back to xp as have done to much work to get it running but l need a printer and scanner for my job as l teach online.
Can you tell me if the cannon is an expensive one
Jill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017