new pc vista, trouble withe email, system restore

jade25 19:57 11 Jul 07

Got a new pc l had seen online.rang up pc world to order, first there was no sound and l spent over twenty six pounds in phone calls to them and tech guys they put me onto, in the end, then changed moniter as found out it was aoc and the rest was Packardbell but had to have a re- con one thats got marks on screen, mouse didn't work and sound was because a lead was missing so ordered that and sound is ok. Opened a email a/c with yahoo but they send me them but l cannot send back and as l teach online its causeing me a lot of worry, then opened a google email which for two days was ok but now all my address book has gone plus stuff l saved in there lables as printer would not work with vista so saved orders ect in them but there gone now and if l manually add a contact it won't let me, say its a pop up blocker of firefox so switched it off, but it still won't let me. I read on the net the fault could be tabbed browser but am new to firefox so don't know what to do.
Then l was searching on yahoo and website faded out and an orange 6 by 6ins looked like a lable came on saying l am availble to all on web and groups, click continue which l haven't but to get out of it had to go to history and click something before, now l dare not go anywhere near yahoo as it comes up again.
The last straw is that system restore won't work as was thinking it might be best to use as had used if before on xp, the last screen has nothing in the middle and just sits on the pc, left it 30 mins last time.
Can anyone help as cannot get out so need pc to work and get food ect,
Jade

skidzy 18:39 12 Jul 07
  BurrWalnut 18:53 12 Jul 07

I wouldn't spend any more time on it.

Send or take it back as the goods are not fit for purpose.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…