New pc is there anything to worry about?

Head hurts 18:05 27 Jun 07

Advent T9409 intel 2 duo e6300 processor, 1024mb ddr2 memory, 320gb hard drive. only a week old and initially i had probs with wireless mouse that kept stopping(now ok) but while problem was there a colleague suggested looking in event viewer to see if anything showed up that may help.
since then there there have been a few errors in application - gatherer unable to read registry docidmapfile. also registry value cannot be read because configuration is invalid and in security - code integrity determined image hash of file not valid, file could be corrupt due to unauthorised modification. having said all that the system seems to run well very quick to load and seems seamless at the moment. search on here and internet only shows a couple of threads saying do not worry it is the way the system handles the probs that is important. i would appreciate any views on this as it will be easier to get probs sorted whilst the pc is new, thanks in advance.

mrwoowoo 15:58 28 Jun 07

My view is that if all runs well,then leave it alone.If you ran registry cleaners e.t.c,you will always find untold amount of errors that these programmes will find and some will be false positives.
What i'm trying to say is, if we all went looking for probs,we will always find something that may or may not be there.
I would leave it,unless something stops working,or playing up.

rawprawn 16:13 28 Jun 07

If you want advice other than registry cleaners, the most important thing is to get a good backup program such as click here
For Vista reg cleaner, I have found WinAso excellent
click here

Head hurts 17:12 28 Jun 07

many thanks to you both for taking time to reply and thanks rawprawn for advice on reg cleaner but already have installed winaso due to a previous thread from you and for a new pc it was frightening how many probs it found but again i suppose lots of these would have been minor things so not as bad as i would suppose. thanks again to you both.

mrwoowoo 20:13 28 Jun 07

I advised a friend to try a registry utility,which founnd 213 registry probs as he had never used one before.After letting the software "repair" these, his pc was fine.the funny thing is ,it was fine before and this seemed to make no difference to performance.
perhaps we shouldn't look for problems without good reason.

Head hurts 20:32 28 Jun 07

thanks mrwoowoo and you are right it seems to be our quest to perfect everything, my pc is just over a week old and the only problem i had was a wireless mouse which was intermittent so on advice i checked event viewer and that is when i saw a few errors which means in my case a little knowledge is dangerous and although there are one or two errors shown in event viewer it works well and i am quite pleased with the way the errors are handled.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009