New pc coming next week

LANDCRUISER 13:51 27 Apr 07

i have a new evesham pc coming next week,what i want to know is will i have to get a new modem from aol,it will have vista premuim installed

anskyber 14:14 27 Apr 07

Which modem do you have now?

skidzy 14:30 27 Apr 07

Most certainly use ethernet if possible.As anskyber says..what modem ?

If usb you may have to try out a Vista driver if one is availble.

Though if a Speedtouch usb modem,i have had a couple of driver issues,but nothing major.Just to add,the Speedtouch modem has a beta Vista driver availble.

Genius1 14:50 27 Apr 07

My Speedtouch USB modem has no problems whatsoever. I suggest you look on the modem manufacturer's website for any Vista compatibility errors and drivers.

Kate B 14:57 27 Apr 07

Or AOL's - I think they've got Vista drivers up for their modems.

skidzy 15:35 27 Apr 07

Just had a quick look around and came across this click here

Note: AOL 9.0 VR (Vista Ready)

donki 19:37 27 Apr 07

Defo use ethernet, much beter connection, saves on usb port and reduces power consumption for ur pc. I have Netgear wireless router running on my work pc and works a treat.

LANDCRUISER 13:11 29 Apr 07

I have a bt voyager 105usb adsl modem, i may have problem replying to your threads as this monitor keeps switching off playing up quiet bad at moment

anskyber 13:15 29 Apr 07

This would suggest you are out of luck. click here

LANDCRUISER 13:26 30 Apr 07

Thanks for input i will close thread now

Kate B 13:33 30 Apr 07

You are indeed out of luck. I've been speaking to AOL about drivers and there won't be any for older modems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…