New PC ?

EARLR 11:04 22 Aug 10
Answered

I am buying an Acer Aspire Az5600-1352
Any Thoughts?

Thanks

a member 08:29 23 Aug 10

very subtle , but spam all the same ,
if a person wanted to have advice on a particular PC ,they would ask for suitable advice ,you state you are buying it, so your only motive can be to show off or to advertise.

EARLR 13:48 24 Aug 10

You are to quick to judge.I was only looking for information!!!

sharpamat 16:13 24 Aug 10

Does not matter about the Make, however do not make the mistake many do as these pages will show

As soon as its running if it did not come with an O/S disk find the section and make as set of recovary discs. Then keep them safe. hopefully you will never need them

a member 17:18 24 Aug 10

not so quick to judge at all you said and I quote (I am buying)in that case there would be no point in anyones oppinion as you had already made up your mind. if you said you were thinking of buying then I am sure you would have a better chance of the reply you were looking for .however I apologise for the (spam) remark after all it was PC advisors automated system that linked the name of your intended PC with a retail site .
good luck with your new purchase , as the previous poster said back up the OS , either a set of recovery disks or image to another drive .
sorry once again .
what information specifically were you looking for .

EARLR 11:41 25 Aug 10
Answer

I was looking for info. from someone who has one. And on Windows 7 Touch.

v1asco 08:08 26 Aug 10

I was thinking of getting the same as you until my son pointed out that the screen would be rather obtrusive as we are sat 2 fet from it. In our case smaller is better. Then I read bad reviews about acer service (my last machine was acer and I had good service but not from the foreign guys).
I then investigated the HP Touchsmart 300, which is reviewed on this site and decided to go for it. I have had it a week and no regrets. the 20 inh screen is ideal for sitting at a desk and it is easy to adjust the viewing angle. It has a light that will light up the keyboard, ideal for apartment living.Touch screen is good but still getting used to it,(after years of telling people not to touch it), though I suspect hands and arms will ache with prolonged use. It is a good £100 less than the Acer which includes 3 yrs warranty, or £700 with a 2yr warranty (i got mine from John Lewis). The HP site are also doing free 2yr warranties.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…