New ITX PC emitting green and dialling-like sound?

belmont1990 20:39 28 Jan 15

Hello I'm posting about my weird problem (potentially) with PC and girlfriend somewhat xP So few days ago, we were watching a movie on PC with my gf, somewhere in the middle I went to WC, she paused movie and after about 3 minutes when I came back, she told me that there was something weird with PC and that it "was making dialling like sound (three signals) and after that emitted some small green light on the left side". After that PC was operating absolutely normally like always, no problems. I was like WTF, is that even possible? I heard about some beeps on older mobos when there were some problems in PC (with RAM for example)but that occurs in POST screen, and I never heard about any sound given by PC while working PLUS some green light on top of that...

My question is - is something like that even possible on PC? I think she may have heard something other (outside the window/ from neighbors living upper floor) and just misplaced that sound came from PC actually. More bothering would be that green flash, my mobo is ASROCK H81M-ITX and I don't think there are even any LED's on it.

MOBO photos click here Also my GPU is PALIT GTX 750 OC 1gb GDDR5

and case Cooler Master Elite 110

It really drives me crazy, I don't think this is even possible but then again she was serious when talking about this (still is). Can some PC hardware experts look at MOBO/ CASE photos and confirm is there any LED at all that could give this green light?

If not then my theory would be just perfect - there are two green lights on both sides of PC, one from speaker and second from x360 gamepad reciever, she might have looked at this or even HDD led (which is RED on my case) on PC and messed up opinion a bit.

belmont1990 13:56 30 Jan 15

Please, if you can look at photos of my mobo - ASROCK H81M-ITX and confirm are there any LEDS on it that could potentially give light during use.

Any advice greatly appraciated!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017