NETWORK HELPPPP

donaldman 23:45 08 Aug 07

Okay so goes like this i have a desktop computer running vista ultimate and a XPS laptop running vista Home Premium Now im about to ripp my hair out because ive been trying for days to share my printer but i cant connect either of the computers
now i can open up the network window and see the computers Donnie-PC and LAPTOP but if i try to click on either of them i get an error message that says they are not accessible and i might not have permission. I already shared the printer Lexmark 5200 series. PLEASE HELPPP

mgmcc 08:26 09 Aug 07

In the "Network & Sharing Center", have you switched "On"...

- Network Discovery
- File Sharing
- Public Folder Sharing
- Printer Sharing (in the PC hosting the printer)

Have you also configured any firewall software to allow access to the networked computers?

tullie 11:50 09 Aug 07

Also make the printer thats plugged into the other printer the default printer

donaldman 15:17 09 Aug 07

ummm well i all the stuff is turned on but.. im not sure if i have configured the firewall but i did disable the firewall and it still did not work

Ashrich 22:49 09 Aug 07

Have you got both the PC's in the same work group , and is the work group listed as " private " . Open Network and Sharing Centre and click on " customise " on both PC's and make sure you have the same details entered , otherwise , just set up another Network using a different Network name and start again , also , on the printer host PC , make sure , in the printer properties you have sharing enabled and try turning off password protection .

Ashley

donaldman 16:51 11 Aug 07

okay umm how exactly do i turn off password protection

Ashrich 21:48 11 Aug 07

Network and Sharing Centre / Sharing and Discovery , look at the list going down , network discovery , file sharing etc. password protected sharing is one from the bottom . You'll need to be logged in as Administrator to do this .

Ashley

donaldman 22:45 11 Aug 07

Sorry but i dont see password protected sharing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…