network card

Green Army 25 Dec 09

i have just installed Win7 with no problems except 1. it will not recognise my wireless network card, and i can not remember which make and model it is. is there a programme out there on the web that can scan my computer and tell me my card name and number so i can get the drivers that i require

User-1229748 25 Dec 09

you could try this although i've not used it myself click here

Green Army 26 Dec 09

right i have been through device manager and found it to ba a netgear WG311v3 54MB wireless pci adapter
Device manager say the device cannot start (code 10)
so i tried update drivers and windows says i have the most up todate drivers for it. so i uninstalled the driver to try and get windows to reinstall the drivers but it fails any help please

User-1229748 26 Dec 09

are there no updates for it via windows update?found this from november click here

Green Army 26 Dec 09

bit dodgy not to sure may go for another card

User-1229748 26 Dec 09

could be wise,make sure to find one that is totally windows 7 compatible.click here

User-1229748 26 Dec 09

check router for compatibility aswell

Green Army 27 Dec 09

thanks for the advice

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message