Netgear FA3111 Rev-C1 PCI -Vista Compatibility?

Bertie B 11:47 AM 28 Feb 09

I have just installed Vista Home Basic on an old Packard Bell iMedia 5067 - coming up to 6 years old - purely because XP nneeded a fresh install but the recovery discs refused to work. It's now used as a backup PC and a network hub for various shared USB External Drives.

All is now working quite well but I have an incompatibility issue with the "Network controller" which I assume is the Netgear PCI Ethernet Card I fitted about 3 years back.

If I am understanding the Netgear support site correctly then there appears to have been a version 2 of the FA311 Network Card which is compatible with the correct driver but the original version ??????? I can't get it to work.

Has anyone come across this problem?

Zeppelyn 22:28 PM 02 Mar 09

Apparently uses a Realtek RTL8139 chip, have you tried this one.

click here

Bertie B 10:21 AM 03 Mar 09

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately, when I click on the link click here
I'm asked for a User Name & Password despite the fact that the site says it's a free download!

Bertie B 00:19 AM 04 Mar 09

As could not log on to link suggested above went back to Netgear site and again cam to realise that FA311 v1 NIC cannot be made compatible wiith Vista. Purchases an FA311 v2 today and once installed it was recognised instantly. All working OK now, thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off