Netbook Win 7 starter edition.

alan2273 19:59 20 Jan 10

I am looking at buying a Samsung N140 netbook (to replace my EEE 701), which has 1 GB of memory and runs W7 starter edition.
Has anyone got a netbook that runs this OS and how good are they.

mgmcc 23:44 20 Jan 10

I have a Netbook running Windows 7 and have been very pleased with it. Be aware though that this is a basic edition of Win 7 which doesn't have the fancy "eye candy" of its big brothers. There is also some limited functionality - it can join a Windows 7 "Homegroup" but cannot create one; it doesn't appear to allow its internet connection to be "shared".

However, in general it does just work as it should, unlike Vista which has been so problematical.

Be aware though that you will probably require a USB CD/DVD drive to be able to load software and possibly also to "recover" the operating syste should that ever become necessary.

alan2273 23:53 20 Jan 10

Thanks for your answers, I already have an external DVD drive, and as my main computer is wired, this netbook will run on WiFI only.
And I am not bothered about the eye candy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…