.NET Framework install location ( some programs can't open because of it )

Floopp 13:18 PM 01 Nov 12

When I try to open some programs I get the error: please set registry key hklm\software\microsoft.netframework\installroot to point to the .net framework install location

I've tried going to regedit and pointed the installroot to the .net framework install location but it doesn't recognise it, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple versions of .NET framework and it still won't work.

The installroot is set to C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v3.5 right now but I've tried C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64 , C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET and all sorts

Thanks for any replies.

jamieamunra 15:34 PM 01 Nov 12

Hey there, did you try the .Net cleaning tool to remove all versions of .Net then reinstall it again?

jamieamunra 15:35 PM 01 Nov 12
  Floopp 15:38 PM 01 Nov 12

If by cleaning tool you mean this Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Then yeah I've tried it but all it said was to make these two changes:

"Reregister Windows Installer service Unregisters and re-registers the Windows Installer service using MsiExec.exe. Applicable regardless of the diagnosis results.

Restart Windows Installer service Stops and restarts the Windows Installer service. Applicable regardless of the diagnosis results."

I've done that twice but nothing changed, doesn't give an option to uninstall .NET.

jamieamunra 15:44 PM 01 Nov 12

No I mean the Automated cleanup tool to remove the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5

Floopp 15:45 PM 01 Nov 12

By the way which version of .NET framework should I install again?

4.5, 4, 3.5 or maybe 3?

Floopp 16:07 PM 01 Nov 12

I used the cleanup and installed .NET framework 4.5, it didn't solve anything though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know