.NET Framework install location ( some programs can't open because of it )

Floopp 01 Nov 12

When I try to open some programs I get the error: please set registry key hklm\software\microsoft.netframework\installroot to point to the .net framework install location

I've tried going to regedit and pointed the installroot to the .net framework install location but it doesn't recognise it, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple versions of .NET framework and it still won't work.

The installroot is set to C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v3.5 right now but I've tried C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64 , C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET and all sorts

Thanks for any replies.

jamieamunra 01 Nov 12

Hey there, did you try the .Net cleaning tool to remove all versions of .Net then reinstall it again?

jamieamunra 01 Nov 12
  Floopp 01 Nov 12

If by cleaning tool you mean this Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Then yeah I've tried it but all it said was to make these two changes:

"Reregister Windows Installer service Unregisters and re-registers the Windows Installer service using MsiExec.exe. Applicable regardless of the diagnosis results.

Restart Windows Installer service Stops and restarts the Windows Installer service. Applicable regardless of the diagnosis results."

I've done that twice but nothing changed, doesn't give an option to uninstall .NET.

jamieamunra 01 Nov 12

No I mean the Automated cleanup tool to remove the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2006/05/30/611355.aspx

Floopp 01 Nov 12

By the way which version of .NET framework should I install again?

4.5, 4, 3.5 or maybe 3?

Floopp 01 Nov 12

I used the cleanup and installed .NET framework 4.5, it didn't solve anything though.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message