Nero OEM v7 with Lightscribe inclusion on it

Fried~Chips 23:51 02 Apr 08

I have got Nero OEM v7 which came with LightScribe included in the software, thing is I don't have a lightscribe drive. their is no option to customise the installation unless someone in the forum knows away around removing it when its installed on Vista premium. Thanks if anyone could help on this.

MCE2K5 01:52 03 Apr 08

Is that the Essentials Version of Nero 7.

If it is, I can have a look at it later on (Thursday pm).

Not got a free Computer at the Mo, Also nearly Bed Time.

Fried~Chips 10:48 03 Apr 08

Thanks again for the call. Yes its the Essentials v7 SE.

MCE2K5 02:03 04 Apr 08

Took a while to sort out, But here goes,

Locate the directory where the LightScribe system files are stored. c:\\program files\common files\lightscribe.

Find and right click the file named LS_HSI.msi, then choose "Uninstall".

Reboot. The LSS should be uninstalled from your computer. This will enable you to install an existing or older version of the LSS if you choose to do so.

Fried~Chips 11:03 04 Apr 08

Will keep this in notes for ref as i have friends also mention what the icon is and how to shift it etc. Such a pain when some places bundle this software with a OEM drive which is not Light Scribe enabled.

Thanks again !

ruskle 19:27 04 Apr 08

I have the same Vista O/S as you and also have just added a lightscribe drive to my PC. I also had the OEM Nero 7 and now have Nero 8. I didn't find a problem with the software before or after I added the lightscribe drive, maybe I have misunderstood your question but apart from the lightscribe icon I didn't see any difference.

Ruskle.

MCE2K5 20:11 04 Apr 08

No Problem, He aint got a Lightscribe Drive anymore.

Fried~Chips 10:14 21 Apr 08

Shifted the thing right out of the system no problem !

Cheers MCE2K5.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now