My laptop will run windows vista ?

D.G,E 00:23 26 Jan 07

Using the windows vista upgrade advisor my laptop is able to run windows vista here are my specs of my laptop :

CPU- Intel celeron m 1.6 GHz
RAM- 256 mb/ upgraded to 1 gig but i have 960 mb due to the onboard SIS graphics.

GPU- SIS 661 64 mb onboard memory.

HDD- 40 GIG.

IDE DEVICE- DVD 8speed /combi CD - R,RW DRIVE 52/32.

now the only things that stop me from upgrading are just my nokia N70 drivers and bluetooth sitecom devices thats it.

But would Vista run on my specs and would it be worth installing Vista on my laptop.

Kate B 00:58 26 Jan 07

If the upgrade advisor says yes, then yes.

pk46 01:03 26 Jan 07

Yes but with drivers it will be pot luck that everything will work.
I wouldn't run the ultimate version,remember Vista is heavy on Ram and graphics.

Forum Editor 11:45 26 Jan 07

on your machine it will try to find them on the internet. If they're available Vista will download and install them. That's why it's essential to make sure your computer remains online when you run the Vista installer. Vista will make sure that the connection isn't dropped at a crucial stage in the process.

D.G,E 21:00 26 Jan 07

Thanks i am not worried about my nokia n70 and bluetooth driver's because normaly nokia would update there pc suite software to run on vista.
And my audio and sis drivers seem to be okay according to the upgrade advisor so thats okay.

I am worried about the processor though as its a celeron based chip but i will know when vista is installed.

cheers and thanks again for the advice.

Kate B 22:54 26 Jan 07

As I said earlier, if the upgrade advisor says it will be ok, it will be ok. It might be a bit slow with that processor but it will run.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…