My google chrome and internet explorer gives pop ups anytime

Sam_P 14:22 19 Aug 14

Hi,

I have windows 8 in my PC. My internet explorer and Google chrome browsers are not working even after re-installation of both of them. I block pop-ups from settings but still it shows pop-ups any time. I do virus scan through system care regularly but can't fix this problem.Please help me fixing this issue and please suggest best free anti-virus for windows 8.

Thanking you, Sam

wee eddie 14:34 19 Aug 14

It may be worthwhile installing, and running, Malwarebytes. The Free Version is available right at the bottom.

john bunyan 15:51 19 Aug 14

For free antivirus (only on to be installed) I would use Avira or Avast. Both can be downloaded from Filehippo see

Filehippo

As wee eddie says, do scan with Malawarebytes,: I would also do a one off scan with ADWCleaner - see

ADWCleaner

I use the Google toolbar and it blocks pop ups well.

Google toolbar

john bunyan 15:52 19 Aug 14

PS sorry - only one a/v to be installed.

Sam_P 17:26 24 Aug 14

Thanks for the suggestions friends! My problem got resolved with malewarebytes. The only problem is that this version allows free scan once only.

• Sam
  john bunyan 19:30 24 Aug 14

The free Malawarebytes, which you should update daily, allows any number of scans you like.

Malawarebytes

ADWCleaner is a one off but you can download it and use it again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…