My CD doesn't show up on the monitor

skromfols 23:52 PM 26 Jan 13
Answered

When I insert a music CD nothing shows up on my monitor. If I got to computer, and click on Drive D it tells me to insert a disk, which I do, and still nothing shows up on my monitor. I've been using this system to load CD's into Itunes and it's always worked, but all of a sudden it stopped working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SillBill 23:57 PM 26 Jan 13

This may be a long shot, but try removing the power cable completely from the computer (after shutting it down, of course) wait for 30-60 seconds then power up again, this will reload all drivers and hopefully that was/is your problem.

alanrwood 12:26 PM 27 Jan 13

If you put a data disk in the drive does it show up then in Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer)

skromfols 16:53 PM 27 Jan 13

alanrwood, I hadn't thought of trying that. Yes, I inserted a data disk and the date came up on the screen.

skromfols 16:54 PM 27 Jan 13

I also tried loading a disk with picture and it showed up also.

lotvic 17:09 PM 27 Jan 13

If the CD drive D: reads all other cd's then it sounds like that particular music cd is faulty, try a different music cd in drive D: - one that you know to be okay (it plays on other equipment) also try the 'might be faulty' cd in other equipment.

skromfols 18:51 PM 27 Jan 13

Thanks to everyone for your assistance. I tried another music CD and it worked, so I very carefully examined the CD that wasn't working and found a small piece of transparent tape on the shiny side (which I hadn't examined previously). I carefully removed the tape and the CD now loads properly.

alanrwood 19:27 PM 27 Jan 13

Glad it is sorted.

lotvic 20:19 PM 27 Jan 13
Answer

Sorted, good. You can green tick this thread by clicking on any of the big grey ticks on the right of a post and it will turn green. Next time page is refreshed Thread will be marked 'Resolved'

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone