My CD doesn't show up on the monitor

skromfols 23:52 PM 26 Jan 13
Answered

When I insert a music CD nothing shows up on my monitor. If I got to computer, and click on Drive D it tells me to insert a disk, which I do, and still nothing shows up on my monitor. I've been using this system to load CD's into Itunes and it's always worked, but all of a sudden it stopped working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SillBill 23:57 PM 26 Jan 13

This may be a long shot, but try removing the power cable completely from the computer (after shutting it down, of course) wait for 30-60 seconds then power up again, this will reload all drivers and hopefully that was/is your problem.

alanrwood 12:26 PM 27 Jan 13

If you put a data disk in the drive does it show up then in Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer)

skromfols 16:53 PM 27 Jan 13

alanrwood, I hadn't thought of trying that. Yes, I inserted a data disk and the date came up on the screen.

skromfols 16:54 PM 27 Jan 13

I also tried loading a disk with picture and it showed up also.

lotvic 17:09 PM 27 Jan 13

If the CD drive D: reads all other cd's then it sounds like that particular music cd is faulty, try a different music cd in drive D: - one that you know to be okay (it plays on other equipment) also try the 'might be faulty' cd in other equipment.

skromfols 18:51 PM 27 Jan 13

Thanks to everyone for your assistance. I tried another music CD and it worked, so I very carefully examined the CD that wasn't working and found a small piece of transparent tape on the shiny side (which I hadn't examined previously). I carefully removed the tape and the CD now loads properly.

alanrwood 19:27 PM 27 Jan 13

Glad it is sorted.

lotvic 20:19 PM 27 Jan 13
Answer

Sorted, good. You can green tick this thread by clicking on any of the big grey ticks on the right of a post and it will turn green. Next time page is refreshed Thread will be marked 'Resolved'

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED