My Canon Pixma Printer Does Not Print

NannySalad 13:13 05 Jun 15

My Canon Pixma MP560 doesn't print at all - neither in Black nor Colour. No error message is shown. All cartridges are full, the printer responds to all commands and actually prints but the paper comes out blank. All cleaning tests are done plus last resort very careful cleaning with water of print head. Responses to this problem from Canon have been no help at all. I’m reluctant to give up on solving this as the printer is in good condition and functions in every other way. Should I buy a replacement print head? Anybody else had this problem and solved it?

northumbria61 13:45 05 Jun 15

Depending on how old your printer is and how much use it has had, it is possible that it requires a new printhead. I can't advise any further than that so you may wish to wait for other responses. If you decide to go down this route you can obtain one at Ink Toner UK

john bunyan 13:57 05 Jun 15

I had a MP 650 with similar problems; A new head is about £45 . I replaced the printer wit a Canon MG 6450 at £60 or less. Before that I used warm water overnight to soak the head, dried it etc. Seemed to me that a new printer at £15 more than the replacement head was worth it, and the inks seem more frugal. I did a deal at Staples who took back all my unused spare MP 650 cartridges at full value and replaced them with the MG 6450 ones.

Secret-Squirrel 17:25 05 Jun 15

The first thing you need to determine is whether the printer's faulty or whether it's a computer/Windows problem.

To test the printer itself, see if you can print a test page via the printer's control panel. If such a thing doesn't exist then use the printer's copy function.

Don't forget to return with some feedback this time ;)

Secret-Squirrel 08:42 08 Jun 15

Yet another ill-mannered time-waster :(

john bunyan 09:53 08 Jun 15

Very annoying when people do not bother to reply. I cannot green tick yet, however , on my threads!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now