Music/Pictures mixed

bruno 18:43 13 Jul 10

I have Windows 7 and I noticed today that when I open My Pictures it also includes My Music and My Public Music. They are still in My Music as well. I am fairly sure this is a new thing. Anybody got an idea why this should happen and is it OK to delete the folders?

john bunyan 17:53 14 Jul 10

If I were you I would create a new folder , say query. Then move the possible duplicate folders to the query folder. Then do a search for one of your music files and see if it is in the "correct" Music folder. It sounds as if the others are duplicates. Then I would drag the query folder to the recycle bin. Then try to play one of the music tracks from the proper location. I would not empty the recycle bin until you are sure all is well.

bruno 18:43 15 Jul 10

I will give that a try. Thanks for the reply.

bruno 21:11 15 Jul 10

I tried your suggestion but when I came to delete one of the folders of music it also removed it from the correct Music folder, so I restored it. I have also noticed that in the correct folder I can only get List and cannot change them to Icons. They are in Icons on the second folder. It is not a desperate problem, I was just curious if anybody else had come across it. The PC is only a few months old and not full of junk yet.

bruno 21:11 15 Jul 10

I tried your suggestion but when I came to delete one of the folders of music it also removed it from the correct Music folder, so I restored it. I have also noticed that in the correct folder I can only get List and cannot change them to Icons. They are in Icons on the second folder. It is not a desperate problem, I was just curious if anybody else had come across it. The PC is only a few months old and not full of junk yet.

bruno 20:24 20 Jul 10

Panic over. I stumbled across the answer.
Start/Right click Pictures/Left click Properties/highlight unwanted folders.Left click remove.
I still don't know how it selected Include in the first place.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…