multi-card reader does not read ??

Petesilver 17:15 28 Sep 14
Answered

HI I have a built in card reader but for some reason it has stopped opening the card when I insert it the green light comes on but nothing happens. Windows 8.1 8g ram plenty of disc space I have been in device manager but it tells me everything is ok and working, but it don't in device manager there are four entry's......... Generic compact flash usb device " MS/MS-pro " " " SD/MMC " " " SM/XD-Picture " " If this helps, none of these work but the USB2 socket that is part of the drive does work

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:34 28 Sep 14

Can you access he card in explorer?

Autorun for the cards is likely to be disabled.

wee eddie 18:30 28 Sep 14

Have you tried just the one card or does it refuse to read all cards?

Petesilver 16:51 29 Sep 14

I can't access it anywhere it just does not open..... If the autorun is disabled how does one change it?

It will not open either SD or XD which I use regularly

Petesilver 17:21 29 Sep 14
Answer

something I just realised is there is a card reader on my printer, and that is not working either !!!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:23 29 Sep 14

Look in device manager and uninstall everything under USB reboot the PC and let windows find and reinstall drivers see if it works then.

wee eddie 19:32 29 Sep 14

Could it be that Card that is at fault?

Petesilver 20:04 29 Sep 14

Thanks Fruit Bat it seems to have done the trick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…