Is MS Office 2003 compatible with Win 8, pls?

AroundAgain 22:57 18 Jul 13
Answered

Hi

As the title says, is MS Office 2003 compatible with Windows 8, please? Hopefully, I'll be able to install this tomorrow but seeing as I'm new to Win 8, I'd rather know if there is likely to be an issue with installation of this.

Thanks very much

Cheers

Forum Editor 07:03 19 Jul 13

Unfortunately your version of MS Office is not Windows 8 compatible.

AroundAgain 10:38 19 Jul 13

NO!!!! That's an unexpected hiccough to the scheme of things but thanks for letting me know.

Can I presume LibreOffice/OpenOffice and the like are available and compatible for Windows 8, please?

Thanks very much

AroundAgain 22:30 19 Jul 13
Answer

Thanks Jock1e

I've had a look through the links on the page you suggested and it certainly makes interesting reading.

However, I spoke to Dell Tech Help today who were extremely helpful and were able to download Word and Excel 2010 as part of the package that has been bought. I have also downloaded LibreOffice, which will be useful for 'Impress' as a substitute for PowerPoint which is a necessary program in regular use.

I decided that maybe it was as good a time as any to update Word and Excel, and also use Impress, as it will be increasingly difficult to stick with the 'old', much as I hate to have to upgrade when 2003 does all that is needed ;)

So, thanks to all your help and suggestions. You've been very helpful and I appreciate it, as ever.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…