moving my addresss book from old desktop to my new lap top

1simpson2 10:29 AM 15 Dec 11

enter link description here

1: http://have bought new laptop which has Windows 7 installed. Have tried to import my whole address book on to my laptop without any success. Can you help please.

KRONOS the First 11:57 AM 15 Dec 11

Why do you have a link to a totally different question in your thread?

Weird.

difarn 13:52 PM 15 Dec 11

Are you referring to your contacts in Outlook Express? Came across this piece of advice that may be of help to you.

"f you still have e-mail access for the old computer, open Outlook and click on the Contacts icon. Click on one of your address cards and then press Ctrl + A to select them all. Right-click one of the highlighted cards, and select Forward items. That will put all of your address cards as attachments into a new e-mail message. Send that message to your new computer. When you receive that message on the new machine, click on one of the attached address cards, and then press Ctrl + A to highlight them all. Move that window to one side, and then drag and drop those cards to your Contacts icon in Outlook."

I haven't tried this myself as I don't use Outlook Express but it just may work.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification: OP2 confirmed in VR product launch - full OnePlus…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things