moving folders to D drive

chrissy1 11:49 AM 08 Oct 10
Answered

On vista....when i right click on folder to send to D drive...D drive not showing in list only the DVD E drive......went into computer and opened
D drive and tried the drag and drop....came up copying....does this mean i would have duplicates one each drive??....i want chosen folders off C drive entirely.....which is best way of doing it....thinking of moving all my music pictures etc...

rdave13 19:46 PM 09 Oct 10

As I previously posted, if you type shell:sendto in the start search box it will list the sendto folder. Open the folder. Open 'computer' and drag drive D to the sendto folder. Drive D shortcut will be listed in the right click menu under send to. Using this method you will have duplicate files on C and D. Not a bad idea as you can then check your files on D to make sure there has been no corruption, when copying over, to D. You can then delete them on C.
If you use the system to open drive D in computer, then, instead of copy and paste, use cut and paste. This will remove the files from C and move them to D. Unfortunately, with this method, if the copied files become corrupted (it can happen) then you won't have any backup on the C drive.

Kevscar1 05:17 AM 10 Oct 10

when they have finished copying simply right click the c drive folder and delete

chrissy1 22:52 PM 12 Oct 10
Answer

managed to move what i wanted...thanks for the help

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nvidia GRID 2.0 launch boosts virtualised graphics workflows

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites