Mouse Scroll Wheel Problem

Jake_027 10:31 02 Feb 08

I have a Technika USB browser mouse for my laptop but recently the scroll button has stopped working. I can still left and right click, and if I press the scroll wheel down it still comes up with the circular arrow that scrolls really fast, but the scroll wheel will not function normally (ie move the page when rolled) in any application. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver (a generic windows one, the mouse did not come with a disc) in device manager but to no avail. Infact when I plugged the mouse back in after uninstalling, windows would not install the driver, saying something along the lines of "The driver installation file is missing a necessary entry. This may be
because the INF was written for windows 95 or later." Having rebooted today, the mouse now works as before, with all functions except the scroll wheel working. I have tried a google search but nothing seems to be of use, as other people who received this message tend to be using printers on XP, and I am using a mouse on vista Home Premium. I'd be grateful if anyone has any suggestions, as I am a bit loathed to try system restore having recently updated a few applications.

Thanks in advance

Coupon 20:41 02 Feb 08

Mouse knackered? If I rememeber correctly those Technika mice cost only a couple of quid from Tesco. Buy a decent one.

Jake_027 22:26 02 Feb 08

As when I push the scroll wheel down, it still brings up the arrows in a circle and I can move it around, but these movements are too big for just scrolling. All the other buttons work as well and its only since last week that I've had these problems. The only things I've installed are the itunes update (to 7.6) and vista boot logo generator. I've never had problems with itunes and mice before, and the boot logo generator doesn't run all the time, it's just creates boot screen files (it only runs when you open it).

Musty89 15:53 10 Feb 08

i love you

Jake_027 22:52 16 Mar 08

It was the mouse after all!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…