Mouse is mistaking mouse 1 with wheel

WTF BOOM! 05 May 12

Hi, I have a W7 64b laptop.My mouse has started having problems, first it didnt clitck on things when i pressed it but if you persist it does no no big harm there. Biggest problem I am facing is the mistaking of the wheel with mouse 1. Some times when I am browsing the net and i have to scroll, and generally every time I move my mouse fast , it automatically presses the wheel. It is getting really annoying and I dont know how to stop it. I changed the mouse with another,and I had the same problem.I dont know what to do.I believe its a virus but pc didnt find anything with avast.

lotvic 05 May 12

As it is a laptop are you accidentally brushing the trackpad with your sleeve?

have you disabled the trackpad?

Have you done this How to Change Mouse Settings in Windows 7

try plugging into a different usb port

WTF BOOM! 05 May 12

? have my pad turned off at all times and i have tried changing configurations but the problem persists. i changed the usb port but it is all the same.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message