mouse dropping out

Mike10C 11:07 17 Mar 11

I have intermittant problems of the mouse dropping out during a work session. I have an imac with windows 7 running in boot camp. The mouse is a microsoft optical connected through a powered hub onto the imac.This set up has been working fine for 3 years but recently the mouse just becomes disconnected about once per 2 weeks. After reboot all is well for a while.
Any ideas or advice is welcomed.

Thanks

Mike10C

ams4127 22:41 17 Mar 11

I'm sure you have already thought of this - but in my case it was low batteries.

Mike10C 07:59 18 Mar 11

Thanks ams4127, the optical mouse I am using is powered from the USB and does not have batteries.
But thanks for the thought.

ams4127 23:04 18 Mar 11

Have you checked in Device Manager that Windows isn't powering down the USB to save power?

Control Panel - Device Manager - Expand "USB serial bus controllers - select each "USB root hub" in turn - Power Management.

Mike10C 11:32 19 Mar 11

Thanks again ams4127, yes you are right, the usb hubs were ticked to power down. I have unticked them all.

We will see if this solves my problem.

Many thanks indeed.

ams4127 21:59 19 Mar 11

It's a long shot Mike10C, but I hope it works. If not, come back again and we'll try again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…