motherboard drivers for Windows 7

jaimie 13:31 11 Apr 10

I have clean-installed Win 7 on two Acer Aspire dektop machines, I have installed on a second sata drive so the Vista op is still on C drive though not used. My question is do I need motherboard drivers and such like which are obviously on the Vista drive but not on the Win 7 drive. Everything is working including sound etc but I have system freezing on both machines since the install. This is random and can happen 3 times in quick succession and not at all for days. Both machines are affected, both have adequate memory becaus they both ran Vista OK. It beats me. The Acer site is not much help. Any one help?

Regards

James

james105051 14:45 11 Apr 10

Both Win 7 drives will need to have the required mobo drivers installed. Win 7 has obviously installed some drivers that work, but if updated ones are available on the Acer site I would install them.

jaimie 15:20 11 Apr 10

Unfortunately the Acer site does not seem to have mobo drivers for win 7 - i guess I'll have to wait until they do

Regards

James

james105051 19:34 12 Apr 10

I have an HP Pavillion DV9850EA Laptop that I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7. Like Acer, HP did not support Windows & on this machine, so I downloaded all the latest Vista Apps and drivers and all installed and worked fine from the getgo. Try the Vista drivers for the chipset and other hardware, it will in most cases work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now