More reported Vista woes

TOPCAT® 13:24 15 May 07

This time it's problems with lockups and slowness while deleting, copying and moving files. Anyone having similar problems like this? TC.

click here

Kate B 13:30 15 May 07

Yes, I've noticed that it takes a very long time to delete and move stuff.

TOPCAT® 14:18 15 May 07

Kate, but I did sign up for Deb Shinder's newsletter at click here some time ago. The weekly email includes some very good tips for both XP and now Vista, some of which may be helpful to both OS users.

Sorry to hear you're one of the affected Vista users and hope MS soon come up with a proper fix. TC.

Probabilitydrive 14:23 15 May 07

I will be joining the 'Mala Vista Club' myself soon . Forgive, TOPCAT® but I hope this ties in with your thread (if not please ignore) but; how much of a problem is this slowness while deleting, copying and moving files? An annoyance to swat at or a real interference to the flow of things..

TOPCAT® 14:48 15 May 07

tasks but if it's fairly noticeable then it could be counter-productive in a busy office at times. I have read other comments too where there is a consensus that XP loads and performs in some areas much quicker than Vista. As I do point out, I cannot confirm this myself just yet.

With the amount of feedback Microsoft have received since Vista's launch I reckon it won't be that long before a service pack update comes along. TC.

Probabilitydrive 14:53 15 May 07

An SP 1 is scheduled towards the end of this year, as things stand and many potential buyers hold out till then. Your link states there are (partly ineffective) hot fixes available. Hope, some will address your woes. Thanks for letting me having my say in your thread.

Why wont it work 17:51 15 May 07

*Sigh*, it drives me insane how long it can take to moves/ delete files sometimes. It hasn't got any better in the time I have had vista either. I find that extracting and zipping takes particularly long; long enough that I am prepared to to use my XP pc to unzip it because it is so much quicker.

superhoops 21:47 15 May 07

I find it is more the inability to delete files the problem. Quite often it tells me i dont have permission to delete my files that I have created. I am the administrator, in fact the only user. Today it even refused to let me delete a start menu shortcut as I didnt have permission.

ulrich 22:37 15 May 07

At the end of the year. Not long to wait, but I think I will stick with XP. Then the new Win Vienna will be out.

Jimmy14 01:13 16 May 07

Does any of you have another small problem like I have? When I right click and extract a zipped folder it takes quite a while when on xp it does it straight away. Little longer than xp but nothing major.

Forum Editor 08:10 16 May 07

with file deletion, too. I'm sure there'll be a fix for it soon, but in the meantime I would class it as a minor irritant - certainly not something that's a major bar to workflow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…