Monday 5th May 07:40 Windows 7 RC

flintlock1 07:37 AM 04 May 09

HI all, anyone got any ideas when the RC of Windows 7 is going to be available? I heard Today but parts of America are still behind, any ideas?

Forum Editor 10:24 AM 04 May 09

but don't be in a rush - the download will be available until the end of June.

If you're running Windows Vista you can upgrade directly to the Windows 7 Release Candidate, but if you're running the previously-available beta version of Windows 7 you'll need to do a fresh install. This means that you must backup all your data files before starting the install, and of course you'll have to reinstall all your software applications afterwards.

It's a step that requires careful planning before you start. make sure you have all your software installation CDs and product keys, and of course you'll need to check to see that the software will run in Windows 7. You should also investigate the hardware driver situation, otherwise you might end up with a shiny new Windows 7 RC installation and no functioning printer or scanner.

Forum Editor 18:32 PM 04 May 09

if anyone has an HP all-in-one printer, and needs to get the driver working in Windows 7, I may be able to help with a workaround.

I'm not going to post details now, in case the Release Candidate has an updated driver in its database (which I doubt), but if you need help, post here, and I'll see what I can do.

OTT_Buzzard 09:58 AM 05 May 09

RC is available now.....

laurie53 17:01 PM 05 May 09

Tried to download the RC but told I must first register with MS.

Can't find any link or site to do this.

Any help please?

Forum Editor 18:52 PM 05 May 09

click here and then click the 'sign up' link on the left.

laurie53 08:08 AM 06 May 09

Thanks FE.

Had finally found a link at MSN.

However, the site now seems to be down, not entirely unexpected!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nvidia GRID 2.0 launch boosts virtualised graphics workflows

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites