Mini pc freezes?

EVERTON2 14:58 PM 06 Apr 12

I am using Windows 7 and seem to be getting some mini pc freezes recently. I can be typing a document or email or just scrolling down a page when a clicking noise comes out of the speakers and the pc freezes for a few seconds, very frustarting if typing a document etc. Any ideas please, it's driving us nuts!!!

Many thanks in advance

difarn 15:32 PM 06 Apr 12

The first thing to do is to see if it is a power supply problem. You don't say whether it is a laptop or desktop? If it is a laptop does it happen when you do not have the power lead attached? If it is a desktop have you tried another power lead just in case it is faulty?

EVERTON2 15:55 PM 06 Apr 12

Hi,many thanks for taking the time to post some advice. I tried changing the power lead but problem still persists.

thanks again

difarn 17:32 PM 06 Apr 12

Ok - you do not say if it is a desktop or a laptop?

Have you checked your power plan settings?

There could be a problem of overheating, particularly if it is a laptop. Have you had a go at cleaning out any dust/debris?

It could be a loose connection/wire tapping the inside of the case or it could be the start of a hard drive problem.

Can I suggest that you do a back up of any data you want to keep just in case. Have you created a restore disc.

You can check your hard drive by using the microsoft disk check facility here.

difarn 17:42 PM 06 Apr 12

Hi again, meant to ask you if all of your drivers have been updated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016