Mini pc freezes?

EVERTON2 14:58 PM 06 Apr 12

I am using Windows 7 and seem to be getting some mini pc freezes recently. I can be typing a document or email or just scrolling down a page when a clicking noise comes out of the speakers and the pc freezes for a few seconds, very frustarting if typing a document etc. Any ideas please, it's driving us nuts!!!

Many thanks in advance

difarn 15:32 PM 06 Apr 12

The first thing to do is to see if it is a power supply problem. You don't say whether it is a laptop or desktop? If it is a laptop does it happen when you do not have the power lead attached? If it is a desktop have you tried another power lead just in case it is faulty?

EVERTON2 15:55 PM 06 Apr 12

Hi,many thanks for taking the time to post some advice. I tried changing the power lead but problem still persists.

thanks again

difarn 17:32 PM 06 Apr 12

Ok - you do not say if it is a desktop or a laptop?

Have you checked your power plan settings?

There could be a problem of overheating, particularly if it is a laptop. Have you had a go at cleaning out any dust/debris?

It could be a loose connection/wire tapping the inside of the case or it could be the start of a hard drive problem.

Can I suggest that you do a back up of any data you want to keep just in case. Have you created a restore disc.

You can check your hard drive by using the microsoft disk check facility here.

difarn 17:42 PM 06 Apr 12

Hi again, meant to ask you if all of your drivers have been updated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off