minesweeper in vista distorted

sunny staines 16:52 24 Apr 08

new to vista

the vista game of minesweeper is distorted with what i could only describe as broken shards of glass across the layout distorting the graphics.

other games run ok.

pc vista rating 3.7. using latest nvidia driver.

stuck on cause anyone got it.

cream. 21:28 24 Apr 08

I press F5 to refresh and all is well.

PS on-board graphics.

i started with vista when it first came out and nvidia and vista just have problems and still have massive problems, i started using xg drivers click here (download section) i have always been delighted with them, never had a single problem, everything seems crisper and faster. i use the 64 bit ones now, courtesy of a small registry tweek.
where did i find out about them? nvidia forum! last signed driver update for 8800 cards was nearly 5 months ago, and every beta seems to have a fix for one thing and a break for another, but hey, spend a mere £400 and you shouldnt really expect any driver support!
rant over..
174.93 are about the best you will see IMHO.

sunny staines 14:07 25 Apr 08

Timmy Toad

tried f5 button but no option to refresh, where do i go there there.

sunny staines 00:59 26 Apr 08

solved deleted "speedbit video accelorator" and all ok.

the two programs were ok together on xp but not best of friend in vista odd but deleting it has worked.

sunny staines 13:01 26 Apr 08

after restart this morning distortion s back in minesweeper so prev entry is wrong.

still a mystery, no other programs have it.

mrwoowoo 00:16 27 Apr 08

Have you totally updated your version of Vista.
Could give this a go.
click here

sunny staines 14:01 27 Apr 08

i might just copy the xp version to my desktop, did this with xp pinball and it works ok, as does freecell i prefer the xp layout better than the vista one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…