Microsoft Office 2003

Cjmatt42 15:24 11 Feb 07

I have tried opening any of the Office applications on the new Vista software and the following error message has occured.

"The operating system is not presently configured to run this application"

If anyone has any suggestions as to how to open these programs it would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Why wont it work 16:42 11 Feb 07

Have you tried reinstalling or updating it from the office online website? I think they are up to Office 2003 SP2 now. It worked fine with me, sorry I can't be any more help.

anskyber 17:20 11 Feb 07

Is your Vista software activated?

crosstrainer 11:35 15 Feb 07

There is a 26 meg download available on the microsoft site which should correct your problem...guess this is because ms want us to buy 2007!

darien3871 15:04 15 Feb 07

Ive just started using openoffice.org i found on a dvd coverdisk. It states its vista compatiable and its free and upon opening any module looks and feels just like any microsoft expensive product. It also is fully compatiable with office extensions. Hope this helps....

Hi there:

I have office 2003 running on Vista. Did you upgrade to Vista? Also watch out office 2007 files are not directly compatible with other versions of office and visa versa the file type has changed and a convertor is needed, yep, its true but I don't think this affects you from what you say. Personally if you have the 2003 disks I would back up your files and documents and reload office 2003 from scratch using the complete install option when loading.

Cheers:

BS.

Design Print Studio 15:48 17 Feb 07

You have not installed it correctly and you must uninstall it then install it not the reinstall option in the uninstall window. I managed to run it without SP2. Are you sure your software is genuine and not copyed cd????

DPS

Design Print Studio 15:54 17 Feb 07

There is a way round compatibility in office 2007. Download the office compatibility pack from click here

There is another nice addin called Save as PDF and XPS get it from click here

Howling Mad Murdock 18:32 17 Feb 07

If Design Print Studio's idead doesn't work. You might have to re-install Office. The install program might not work off the CD, you might need to enable Win XP SP2 Compatbility mode for it to install.

I had to do this as well, but after re-installing it work perfectly fine.

Design Print Studio 22:34 07 Apr 07

Mine worked straight away but I don't see what the problem was

skeletal 11:16 08 Apr 07

Cjmatt42: Please note I have only a couple of (bad) days experience with Vista, but a thought:

Are you dual booting, with Office in your XP partition; i.e., is Office installed under XP?

I'm 90% certain you will need to install Office within Vista, if that makes sense, so you will end up with two Office installations, one for each OS.

Skeletal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…