Microsoft Money 2005 not working in Windows 10

expresscomputersupplWhite 22:01 05 Aug 15

Microsoft Money 2004 will not open in Windows 10. Message says Explorer 6 needed. But you cannot Download Explorer into Windows 10. Has anyone sorted this problem out. Thanks.

expresscomputersupplWhite 00:21 06 Aug 15

I have resolved this Problem by going direct to Microsoft On Line Chat they came onto My PC (with my approval) and resolved the issue by making registry changes.

ajw270867 12:27 09 Aug 15

Make the following registry change:

[HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer] "Version"="9.11.10240.0" (originaly: 9.11.10240.16384)

And it works after a re-boot too! :)

expresscomputersupplWhite 13:03 09 Aug 15

You must remember not all people are capable of doing this themselves. Some can use the Software but are not Technically minded. So for those people go to Microsoft and they will do it for you.

bigfooted 12:30 14 Aug 15

Hi, I had the same problem and am a bit wary about messing with the registry so I went on PC Advisors downloads section and found a program called Yapbam. This program is not as sophisticated as M/S Money, but if you are using it for keeping tabs on day to day expenditure etc., then it does the job. Obviously you will have to input all your incoming and outgoing accounts (transactions) but it does do the job. Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos