Microsoft have released a new SP1 refresh

Jimmy14 17:15 13 Jan 08

In a quick turn around, Microsoft have decided to make the Windows Vista SP1 refresh available to the public which was originally only available to 15,000 testers. This is now available for download,

click here

Please note that this is not the original Release Candidate that was made available to the public in December 2007. This is an update which was made available to the public as of January 11th 2008.

Below is the article from computerworld,

click here

mammak 21:09 13 Jan 08

Hi any pros/cons involved with installing this? must admit to being a tad nervous as Vista has ran so smooth for me, put an old gal out of her misery and tell it wil be fine :-)

Joking aside I do understand the importance of the SP1 for Vista but I am still a bit reluctant!

brundle 22:03 13 Jan 08

Don't bother until the full version is out, it'll take an hour or more to install and you'll have to remove it to install the official SP1 in a few weeks/months.

mammak 22:27 13 Jan 08

Since my last post on this issue I have did my homework I have decided to wait for the official version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced