memory missing from hard drive

steveainsworth 08:29 AM 14 Aug 12

i have a new samsung laptop running windows 7 64bit.when i first set it up the 1tb hard drive partitioned. that was ok, everything worked fine. a couple of days later i couldn't start windows, no idea why. as it was new and not a lot of files on it yet i reset it to when i first recieved it. now the hard drive shows 2 partitions ,one of 360gb and one of 54mb. how do i get back to 1tb of hard drive?

northumbria61 11:25 AM 14 Aug 12

You can do it two ways - Windows 7 has its own built in Disk Management Partition Tool or you can use a 3rd party Free download (EaseUs) - this link provides instructions for both - enter link description here

northumbria61 11:32 AM 14 Aug 12

Should have added that the 54MB probably contains your factory restore files but that should show up as a partition and is normally protected.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…