media player judder

Head hurts 16:01 14 Nov 08

media player 11 has during the last month or so started to judder when playing wmv files, these same downloads used to play perfectly so probably not a codec issue unless someones knows differntly. have done a google search which mostly blames codecs and i have downloaded a couple of codec packs but still playback is juddery. i cannot recall when exactly this started but would appreciate any help in curing this. i do have Cybalink power2go which plays the same files perfectly.

mazuk 13:37 18 Feb 09

It could be related to media player reading the files from your hdd. Sometimes if your pc is fragmented fairly badly you will notice when you load media player or skip songs, usually it will take longer and you will notice jumps as such. The fact that you can play these files ok with another player suggests its some issue with media player. If nothing works could always try a re-install?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…